Thursday, February 25, 2010

Confessions of a rocky start

This week has not been conducive to dieting.

First, I have gotten slapped with several new bills that I wasn't counting on and now affording to get my taxes done is going to be a stretch. Well, I must do them must'nt I? So in March something is not getting paid.

Second, my job is absolutely nuts. I have never had so many people clammering for my attention at one time before. And screw ups? Let me tell you, we have reached an all time high.

Next, they have had ANOTHER lay off and one of the guys who has been there for twenty years was chopped. Good grief. I am not concerned about my job but the stress of losing others who are friends and colleagues is killing me.

So... I am being honest here. I have not done well with the diet this week. I am a stress eater. Whenever things in my small world go off color, I eat. I admit that is a terrible problem to have especially when you are overweight and diabetic, but there it is. Help me somebody.

1 comment:

  1. Em, this is just terrible! I know how it feels to have the world cave in on you. Sometimes it feels like the flood gates of hell open up and swallow us whole.

    Take a deep breath and don't try to "fix" everything all at one time. Start with the one thing that needs your attention first and focus on it until it's resolved before moving on to the next. It's the only way I know to "unboggle" my mind.

    And believe me, I KNOW stress eating. But as you said, this is not good for your diabetes. If you must get off your all natural diet, that's fine, but keep the low cal/sure foods handy to snack on.

    I'm here for you, Em!!

    ReplyDelete

Maxine