Saturday, February 20, 2010

Getting underway or weigh...

...depends on how you look at it.

I am already one half day into my new "plan" which isn't a plan at all, but rather a whole foods natural eating lifestyle. Nothing artificial, no sweetners, no caffeine, no table salt. (Kosher sea salt in moderation is okay) and lots of water and fresh air and sunshine, which I am happy to report we have a ton of today.

I am diabetic too, and so I have to watch everything I put into my mouth.

The problem with me is, I am putting food into my mouth far too often. I need to cut that little habit out.

So starting today, I woke with the chickens, and drank water. Then with my breakfast I had 32 oz more water with lemon. I ate two eggs over hard and sliced tomatoes for breakfast.

Blood sugar two hours later 130. Sigh. Okay this is going to take a day or so, but it will be okay.

For lunch, I had blueberries and organic vanilla yogurt and for a snack I had 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, raw and unsalted.

I am still hungry, yes I am. I admit this diet is truly torturous and probably not for everyone. Unfortunately, I am still recovering from a bout of bronchitis, which has me feeling pretty darn rotten. In fact, today I have almost felt as though I am relapsing. BUT! I am going to persevere. I have put a butternut squash in the oven to bake and for dinner I will have a bit of that and steamed veggies or salad.

I MISS MY COFFEE!!! No caffeine? What was I thinking?

3 comments:

  1. Auntie Em, give your body time to adjust. I'm sure you'll start getting over the hunger in a day or two.

    I did well yesterday. I had a small bowl of cereal with skim milk for breakfast. Lunch was 2oz of tuna with a touch (just enough to mix it) of mayo and lettus on wheat bread. I had grapes for a mid-afternoon snack and my veggie lasagna for dinner. Make sure I drank plenty of water too.

    It actually felt good to feel a little empty before going to bed. I'm SO into this now and I'm SO glad we're doing it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! I got on the scales this morning pre-food and I have lost four lbs! Good gravy Miss Mavy! Dinner was a frozen vegetarian lasagna last night. You made me hungry for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following the Diabetes Dtour Diet book for daily menu suggestions today it's:

    Breakfast: 1 C cooked oats w/2 T walnut halves (about 8) 1/2 ts cinnamon and 1 ts sugar substitute.

    Lunch: 2 C mixed greens, 1/2 C tomato, 1/2 C sliced cucumber and 1/4 C chopped carrot. Topped with 2 oz. cooked chicken breast. Drizzled with avacado yogurt dressing (1/4 C mashed avacado, 1/2 C fat-free plain yogurt and vinegar & herbs to taste. 2 slices whole grain crispbread crackers.

    Snack: 1 oz string cheese & 4 oz of fruit.

    Dinner: 1 cup Progresso Healthy Classics or Campbell Healthy request canned beef barley soup. (I'm thinking substituting this with home-made veggie soup). Spinach salad: 3 C spinach with 1 T ea. olive oil & balsamic vinegar dressing. Top with 2 T shredded reduced fat-mozzarella cheese. 1 slice whole grain bread.

    Snack: 1 medium orange (can I substitute a glass of OJ for this?) and 3 T unsalted raw cashews (about 18).

    I can't see how I'll go hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete

Maxine