Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creamy Potatoe Soup

Last night I learned that I don't have to add cream and cheese to make one of my favorite soups creamy.

I peeled and cubed 4-5 medium size potatoes, one cup of carrots, chopped two stalks of celery and half an onion and placed them in a pot. Added 3 cups of water and just enough beef bouillon (I know, lots of sodium but you don't have to go overboard with it) to give it flavor.

Let it boil until the potatoes and carrots are tender--about 15-20 minutes. Place the vegetable mix in a food processor and blend until it's smooth. Place the vegetables back in the pot and add about a cup or so of low-fat or skim milk until you have the consistency you want.

I seasoned it with garlic powder and had a cup of soup with a large dark green salad; lettuce, spinach, onion, celery, tomatoes olive oil/vinegar dressing.

1 comment:

  1. I love potato soup!! whine!! sniff!!cannot do the carbs though... nope no way.

    ReplyDelete

Maxine