Friday, March 5, 2010

Conclusion at Day 14

Today is the last day of my 14-day fast track meal plan. I started my day with a spinach, mushroom and one egg omelet, a slice of wheat toast with small amount of margarine and a cup of skim milk. Mighty tasty if I do say so myself.

So, what I have learned in these first 14 days?
  1. That the fact that the word “die” is embedded in the word “diet” is a mere coincidence.
  2. That changing my cooking/eating habits is as simple as desiring to improve.
  3. That it isn’t going to be difficult to continue with this diet because it doesn’t feel like a diet. I haven’t felt hungry once.
  4. Most of all, it’s not solely about losing weight (that will come), but it’s about how I feel inside. I'm not a diabetic, but I'm sure my sugar and I'll bet my blood pressure, and cholestoral have all made some remarkable improvements too. I haven't had a headache since I've started on this diet, no pulsing sounds in my ears either. I’m more energetic, my mind is SO clear of the clutter, I’m sleeping better, I don’t have (excuse me) gas and I’ve seem to have eliminated several of those pre-menopause symptoms I listed here last week.
  5. And … YES! My slacks are feeling just a tad looser--very encouraging.
I’ll post my weekly weigh-in tomorrow. I can tell you right now, I didn’t lose as much as what I did in the first week, but I’m feeling so great I’d be nuts to give up now.

On to week three!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maxine