Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stressors

You know, Em, as I mentioned to you yesterday, I had "one of those days" too.

I spent the morning working on a report and gathering up all the supporting documentation. Finally got that done and had to start filling out travel requisitions, registering for that conference in April, hotel, and finding a flight. I know hundreds do that sort of thing all the time, but I dont. Over 30 years at the place and I've never had to do that.

Like I said, on an anxiety scale from 1 to 10, I was definately a 16. To make matters worse, someone brought in Girl Scout Cookies--peanutbutter no less--my favoite. I stayed on track with the diet, but at around 4:30 I crack and bit into one of those wonderous round morsels of fat and sugar goo and boy, it was pure heaven.

On the bright side, I didn't snarf down the entire box. I mean, that's what I would have done few weeks ago. Instead, I had a taste and then I was "fine." LOL

So, this was day 12 of 14 on this fast track Diabetes Dtour Diet. I won't talk poundsd, just how I feel. My slacks are a bit looser, but the best news is that I have had no more headaches, my legs, feet, and ankles haven't hurt once, and over all, I think I have a bit more energy. Did I mention water? I'm drinking a lot more water than what I used to.

I was just reading through the section in this book that gives an overview of the goals for this 1400-calorie plan and thought you'd be interested.

Nutrition information for the fat-fighting 4 is in bold.

Nutrient Goals per meal:


  • Calories: 300-350
  • Protein: 15-25 grams
  • Carbs: 30-40 grams
  • Total fat: 10 grams
  • Saturated fat: less than 3 grams
  • Fiber: 5-10 grams
  • Calcium: 300 Milligrams
  • Vitamin D: 80 IU
  • Omega-3s: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA: 0.22 gram & EPA/DHA: 0.15 gram

Nutgrition Goals per snack:

  • Calories: 150-200
  • Protein: 5-10 grams
  • Carbs: 10-30 grams
  • Total fat: 5 grams
  • Saturated fat: less than 2 grams
  • Fiber: 5 grams
  • Calcium: 200 Milligrams
  • Vitamin D: 80 IU
  • Omega-3s: Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA: 0.22 gram & EPA/DHA: 0.15 gram

To show you that I'm not going hungry, dinner on Day 13 is oven-fried chicken (just a light spray of canola oil spray) with a 3-green bean salad of 1/2 c. cooked green beans, 1/4 c. chickpeas, 1/4 c. red beans, xhoppws onions and light Italian dressing. And guess what?? Half a cup of light ice cream with chopped walnuts for a snack!! W-e-e-e-e! Can't wait!! :0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maxine