Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sometimes It's Good To Be Bad


So I was going along, minding my own business and grazing on a bowl of leaf greens when my DH asks what’s for dinner. I tell him I’ll need to check my notes. And then he says, “Can we PLEAZZZZE have some spaghetti?” I look into those poor weepy eyes and know I’m doomed. Little did he know I was actually thinking of a big juicy hamburger. It was either that or eat my shoe because I was feeling a bit hungry myself.


I can always tell when my body is starting to get used to a certain weight and ready to drop more weight because I do start to feel a bit hungry. Now, I did a very bad thing though. I gave in. I made spaghetti and I didn’t serve myself a palm-size serving either.

I took one bite which I thoroughly enjoyed when the phone rang. It was our accountant needing to talk to me about our taxes. When he asked if I had time—that he had several questions, I thought of my spaghetti and wanted to cry.


By the time I hung up the phone, I was starved and ate it without thought or care. That night, I decided to skip the snack and the next day I got back on the diet saddle and got back on the road to thinville.


Yesterday, I weighed in at 239. I’d lost 14 pounds in three weeks in spite of my little detour.
So see? This makes the point I tried to share a few days ago. It’s okay to indulge once in a while as long as you satisfy your craving and then move on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Maxine! The event is soooo phenomenal. I am having a blast. There is a fair amount of sitting however, and um. er. food is not the quality diet kind. I have actually gone up another two ounces, but I am going to be good from here on out. This thing ends today at four and from then til next Sunday at weigh in I am going to lose what I have gained or die trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun at your conference!! No, they don't include diet food on the trays, do they? I've discovered that it's really okay to get off the diet for a meal here and there. Like you said, it's not a diet but a way of life. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Maxine